Toronto Realtors can easily add searchable MLS property listings to a WordPress site with the free TREB IDX data feed. An IDX feed will promote ALL TREB property listings on your website, not just your own featured listings.
How to add TREB IDX to a WordPress site
- Create a new page in your WordPress site called “Property Search”
- Write a descriptive sentence or two of text
- Switch from the Visual Editor to HTML view then copy and paste this line of code into your page below the text.
<iframe width="940" height="1200" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://www.torontomls.net/api/Idx.asp?api_key=PUT YOUR API CODE HERE"></iframe>
- Save the page as Draft
- Get your own Unique API Code to customize listings with your realtor information
- Use Internet Explorer to login to torontomls.net
- You’ll need to provide three pieces of information to login – User ID, Your PIN # and
- Once you’ve logged in click “Search Properties”
- Then click IDX Management
- Under Manage IDX settings select “Myself” and click continue
- Enter the url of your website
- Click Save and you’ll get an API code
- Copy your API code and go back to your WordPress page. Look at the line of code from step 3 above and replace the words PUT YOUR API CODE HERE by pasting in your API code
- You want to select a one column, no sidebar page template layout to display the full content
- Save and Preview your new page. If you’re happy you can go ahead and publish the page.
Isn’t that awesome!
Now your clients can search MLS listings right from your WordPress website
If you found this information helpful, please add a comment.