Today I spoke about search engine optimization at WordCamp Toronto, a WordPress conference. Here are my slides from my presentation “SEO for WordPress: How to do better in Google”.
I realize that in my talk I inadvertently skipped over Google Plus. Here is what I intended to discuss – +1 and it’s effect on SEO .
So sorry about the powerpoint problems. The file wouldn’t even open again afterwards. I’ve edited my backup of a previous version so there are probably some changes. I added a few more plugins to the last slide that came out of the Q&A time. Someone mentioned a permalink migration plugin, unfortunately I can’t find one that is working with the current version of WordPress. I’ll update this post if I’m able to find one.
Thanks for coming to the presentation and for your feedback.
Some tweets from this SEO for WordPress session:
- @kickthegrind tweeted: “@dandelionweb Great prez today! learned a lot! #wcto”
- @backpackerbrock tweeted: “Agreed! Explained a complicated topic well! Thanks Ruth! RT @KickTheGrind @dandelionweb Great prez today! learned a lot! #wcto”
- @janelangille tweeted: “@dandelionweb Tx for great tips in SEO for WordPress session #WCTO”
- @boomergirl50 tweeted: “@dandelionweb importance of keywords with hyperlinks 4 better SEO greatest tip among many”
- @BreatheDreamGo tweeted: “@dandelionweb thanks for a great SEO session – you covered a LOT of ground at #WCTO!”
- @atastefortravel tweeted: “@dandelionweb Thanks for a fab session! Will sign up for more!”
UPDATE: Video of my complete presentation is now available on WordPress.tv – WordCamp Presentation Ruth Maude: SEO for WordPress
UPDATE: Read my post on Changing your Permalinks