After her session I spent a little time further tweaking my LinkedIn profile and, yeah, it is now at 100%!!
Today I did some further research into what makes a LinkedIn profile complete and learned that LinkedIn changed the criteria in February. Here’s what you need to do to fully complete your LinkedIn profile. [click the image to enlarge]
Get Your LinkedIn profile to 100% completeness:
- Postal Code and Industry – These are required fields that are created when you signup. (5%)
- A current position (+20%)
- Confirm your current position (+5%)
- Describe your current position (+5%)
- Add a second position (+15%)
- Add a third position (+5%)
- At least 5 skills (+5%)
- Add your Education (+25%)
- Add a profile picture (+5%)
- Create at least 50 connections (+10%)
Does a complete profile matter?
A complete LinkedIn profile is 40 times more likely to receive opportunities yet only about half of LinkedIn users have fully completed their LinkedIn profile. Yes, it is worth spending a little time completing your profile if you want to effectively use LinkedIn for business.
Please pin my infographic to Pinterest and add your comments below. I would love to hear from you if you’ve found this information helpful.