Use this free WordPress plugin to insert a Canadian BILINGUAL Nutrition Facts Label to pages or posts with a shortcode.
This plugin creates a custom post type ‘Label’ which can be associated with any published page or post. The Nutrition Facts Label will show both English and French and conforms to Canadian regulations.
The label can be added to any page or post using the shortcode. The Nutrition Facts Label will show both English and French and conforms to Canadian regulations. See my Nutrition Facts Label with Vitamins Plugin for an ENGLISH only Nutrition Facts Label.
New in Version 2.0 now you can add additional vitamins of your choice. Vitamin fields left blank will be added to a summary line “Not a significant source of / Source négligeable de”
Installation & Usage
- Download from the WordPress repository or upload the canadian-nutrition-facts-label folder to the /wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Create a label in the new ‘Labels’ custom post type section of the admin.
- Include the shortcode [nutrition-label id=XXX] where you want a specific label to be displayed. Change id=XXX to the specific id number for your label.
- DEVELOPERS: When creating the label you can also specify the Page or Post you want the label to appear and include echo do_shortcode(“[nutrition-label]”); in the template where you want the label.
What units does the label use?
- Grams (g): total fat, saturated fat, transfat, carbohydrates, fiber, sugars, protein
- Milligrams (mg): cholesterol and sodium
- Percentages: for Vitamins A, C, Calcium and Iron
How do I add additional vitamins?
Click Add New Vitamin -> edit the field label to give the vitamin a name -> Add the value
How do I get the line “Not a significant source of ____” to work?
Leave a vitamin blank and it will be added to the line. If you put a 0 in the field, it will not be added. You can also add new vitamins, label them in the order you want them to appear, and leave the field blank.
[click on a screenshot to view larger]
Please use the WordPress support forum.