Dandelion Web Design and Ruth Maude
I love what I do. Web design and development is a perfect fit for me. I enjoy working with code, images, colours and typography. It’s so satisfying when I solve problems for my clients – no matter what the challenges are: design, development, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), or teaching WordPress so you can understand it.
I’ve been a Toronto web designer since the late 1990s. In 2002, I launched Dandelion Web Design.
What Sets Dandelion Web Design Apart
From concept to completion, I have the experience needed to handle your web project.
- I have extensive WordPress know-how and experience
- I bring on-page SEO expertise to every project
- I integrate design principles, usability and SEO throughout project phases
- I handle front-end development
- I understand website usability
- I put the geek speak into plain language – I teach WordPress
- I have a network of colleagues I can call on, should your project require other skills
WordPress is a powerful, flexible platform and I take pleasure in helping others learn
how to use it. In addition to my web development work, I teach WordPress Workshops in Toronto
and enjoy professional speaking. » View my Presentations.
Giving back to WordPress
I like to pay-it-forward whenever I can by supporting the WordPress community
- I’ve developed a few free WordPress plugins
- I speak at WordCamps
- I share my knowledge with members of the WordPress Toronto meetup group
- When I ask a question on the WordPress forum, I answer one
How Dandelion Web Design Grew
My son was born with two birth conditions that led me to develop two websites;
amnioticbandsyndrome.com and clubfootclub.org. Other sites quickly followed. What began as a personal interest, turned into a fulfilling career.
Professional Development and Education
I’m always learning and I really enjoy taking courses.
- Intro to Applied Visual Design – Hacker You (2014)
- Intro to Design Fundamentals – Hacker You (2014)
- WordPress Custom Post Types – Ladies Learning Code (2012)
- Mobile Workshop – Ladies Learning Code (2012)
- In-Depth CSS – Rich Media Institute (2009)
- WordPress Plugins – Rich Media Institute (2009)
- WordPress Theme Design – Rich Media Institute (2009)
- Web Site Design and Developer Advanced Training Designation – Ryerson University (2004)
- B.A. – York University
- B.R.E. – Tyndale University
I enjoy the creative elements of web design. I also explore creativity through Encaustic Art.
Dandelion Web Design’s office uses 100% renewable electricity through Bullfrog Power.